Final Project

Final Project

di LUCA BORTOLUSSI -
Numero di risposte: 3

Hi,

please answer the question at the end of the moodle page, in the exam section. This is needed to properly define the project groups.

In riposta a LUCA BORTOLUSSI

Ri: Final Project

di LUCA BORTOLUSSI -

Hi,

I checked your group preferences, but I notice some issues there. You tried to cheat the random system by providing clustered preferences that create closed groups of 4 individuals. 

Issue: groups for the project will be composed of 3 students, not 4. As a consequence, the hacking strategy you tried is a failure. In the best case, a random member of each cluster will need to be assigned randomly. To avoid injustice, a better strategy from my side would be to assign all students in a cluster to random groups. 

So please revert back your hack, provide 3-44 preferences, and try to enforce that those will not result in a set of independent clusters. 

Thanks

LB 

di LUCA BORTOLUSSI -

Hi, 

after the discussion in the teams group today, in order to simplify the definition of groups, we are going to adopt a different strategy for group formation. 

The strategy is that you are going to autonomously form groups (distributed algorithm) but you need to satisfy certain constraints in the group composition. 

Groups will consist of three members. Constraints are as follows:

- groups cannot contain 3 students enrolled to the same master program, excluding data science (e.g. groups of 3 statisticians are not allowed).

- groups cannot contain 3 students with the same background in terms of bachelor studies (e.g. 3 data scientists with a bachelor in physics cannot be in the same group)

- groups cannot contain 3 international students (optimally, <= one international student per group).

PHD students do not count for the previous constraints, i.e. there can be a group of 2 phd students. 

Additionally, constraints can be relaxed if they entail a void set of solutions (i.e. if all the possible groups that can be formed violate at least one constraint). This requires my authorization. 

Please try to form the groups by the end of this week. 

best

LB

di LUCA BORTOLUSSI -

Please provide the groups in the dedicated wiki at the end of the final exam section. I also reported there constraints and preferences in terms of when to do the exam. 

Best,

Luca