12 Perspectives on the Pandemic in Social Sciences
Here’s a snapshot of some of the big ideas discussed in the pamphlet:
- People want more than statistics when the scale of the crisis calls out for a moral or religious response
- This virus may be the covert midwife of authoritarian regimes if we are not careful
- In China, the idea of the monolingual ideology (so prominent in West) was ditched in 48 hours
- In Europe, the pandemic has amplified the second colonial drain of skills by employing foreign-trained and foreign-born doctors, nurses and medical staff
- The area of peak globalization is not over
Click De Gruyter_12 perspectives on the pandemic in social sciences.pdf link to view the file.