EXAM registration & APPLIED NEUROSCIENCE

EXAM registration & APPLIED NEUROSCIENCE

di ENRICO TONGIORGI -
Numero di risposte: 0

Goodmorning to everyone. I have two important communications to you:

1) EXAM REGISTRATION: All students who did the pre-appello on 15th December and accept the final mark are requested to enroll within the 7th January to the preappello call of the 8th January in order to have their exam mark registered.

HOWEVER, the registration will be done only after the course Applied Neuroscience on the days 11, 12 and 13th January (see below).

2) APPLIED NEUROSCIENCE. This year the course  will be held on 11, 12 and 13th January in REMOTE-only and it will be a very SPECIAL EDITION. On the fist day (Monday 11/01/21)  top experts from pharmaceutical industries will introduce the basics of drug discovery to cure brain disorders, then on the other two days several former students of the Master in NEuroscience will share with you their working experiences in the private sector in Italy and in other European countries. I took particular care to ensure that a balanced number of women and men were invited in order to give you the opportunity to compare their careers and evaluate if there were differences or not...

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS COURSE WILL REPRESENT A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO ASK TO THE SPEAKERS THE MOST CRUCIAL QUESTIONS YOU WILL HAVE REGARDING YOUR FUTURE CAREER AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT.

Here are some suggestions for your questions: How has the master in neuroscience been evaluated in Italy and abroad? Does it make sense to do a PhD? What are the main skills that one needs to have in order to get a job in a private company? Do you like your work? How much freedom/responsability do you have in a company? Are woman discriminated in a private company with respect to academia? What happens in a private company in terms of keeping the job/job position if a woman has a baby? How do you feel with NOT-doing laboratory research anymore? etc...etc..). Note that, I STRONGLY recommend you to repeat the SAME questions to each speaker so to hear and COMPARE the different answers.

PLEASE NOTE THAT attendance of the lessons is compulsory for the Applied Neuroscience course and we are very STRICT with the attendance to this course. This means, NO ATTENDANCE = NO EXAM REGISTRATION and you will have to attend this course (only the module Applied Neuroscience) in the academic year 2021-22 , and this happened already for some students in the past years. In that case, the current exam mark will be maintained.

I am available in the next days if you have any questions. Best regards and best wishes for a great 2021!

Enrico Tongiorgi